Sunday, March 25, 2012

They Call Me Aunt CaCa (I know, I know)

If you know me at all, one thing you've probably realized is that I love my nieces!
They call me "CaCa". I'm fully aware of what that means :) But since it was given to me when my oldest niece was learning to talk I've cherished it. (Even hearing it yelled down the airport terminal when arriving home and seeing Carsyn waiting for me at the gate.) I am that aunt who will talk about her nieces, share stories and pictures, and just anything about my sister's girls.
I LOVE THEM!
I have had some special memories with both of my nieces, and I cherish them with all of my heart.
Before moving overseas my sister and nieces came to visit a lot. My youngest niece, Sara Kate (affectionately known as the Squish) stayed in my room. She was only a little over 2 at the time so she would often talk to me (trying to keep from sleeping at night) with her babblings. Many nights I would give in and take her out of her crib and we'd sit in my bed and read a few books. She's a firecracker so she doesn't sit still too often :) I really took advantage of these moments to sit and cuddle with her while reading her books.
One night with Carsyn (my oldest niece) I was able to go outside and just lay on a blanket in the grass. We looked up at the stars and just giggled and talked. One thing I've always loved about Carsyn is she's silly, but I can hang out with her. We've had a tradition of going to the movies every Christmas since she was two! Even at the age of two she would go sit and watch a movie (a cartoon movie of course), but she's just always been that way. She can be still and watch the stars with her Aunt CaCa and make up stories to tell me as she lays there. That night we saw a shooting star. Carsyn's first ever! and I'm so thankful I was there when she yelled, "CaCa, did you see that!?!"
I remember the day each of them was born. I can remember holding them for the very first time, looking in their precious, chubby, little faces :) and just praising God for them.
This past week I became an aunt (officially) for the third time. Even though the means by which this happened was completely different, the joy, love, and excitement I felt was exactly the same. When my sister and brother-in-law went to court I prayed, earnestly, crying out to God for favor that Levi would be declared their son. I was so nervous and a bit of a wreck the day before wanting so badly for the answer to be "yes" and for Levi to officially be a part of our family.
The day of their hearing I checked my email as often as I could, waiting to hear news. The moment I read Amber's update that Levi was officially declared their's, I literally jumped out of my seat and shouted "THEY GOT HIM!!!" My friend who was with me, jumped up too and we hugged, praising the Lord! I ran downstairs to where some people who had been joining with me (and so many others in this process) in prayer, and announced the news. There was such great rejoicing! We were all so excited!
I don't know exactly when I will get to officially meet my nephew, but when that day comes I'm sure tears of joy will accompany it. He is beautiful and already has a piece of his Aunt CaCa's heart (just like his sisters before him).
I was thinking today over the events leading to this day of joy, and it occurred (once again) what a beautiful picture this is of God's love for us. The scriptures say "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance." (Luke 15:7) and then again "Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:10)
That last verse says "There is joy IN THE PRESENCE OF THE ANGELS". Who is in the presnce of angels?! Our Father! He rejoices over us!
Paul says frequently that when we are saved we become CHILDREN OF GOD. We can call out, "Abba Father". We are adopted and loved beyond anything we can imagine. The day that happened in my life there was rejoicing in heaven! The same rejoicing happens with every persons who trusts in the Gospel!
This past week I got to see a very real picture of that through the adoption of my nephew. The boy is barely old enough to talk and I have seen the beauty of the Gospel so much through his story. This was just another way in which my Father reminded me of His love; that just as there was much rejoicing over Levi being declared a part of our family, the rejoicing over one person who trusts in Christ is even greater! What a beautiful picture of God's love for us!
So, this is one happy "Aunt CaCa" :)
I praise the Lord for my nephew, and for the ways in which my Father continually uses my nieces and my nephew to remind me of the beauty of being His, declared His daughter, and the joy of knowing that it will never change!

1 comment:

  1. Yay God!!! Thank you for sharing! I love reading your posts--you are genuine and God-glorifying in what you share. I always come away thankful and reminded of the greatness of our God and His gospel. Congratulations, Aunt CaCa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete