Friday, July 8, 2011

BLISSful Words

I was looking through some stuff today and found this "song" written by Phillip P. Bliss. It was the last one he wrote just before he and his wife were killed in a train crash. To my knowledge it has never had music put to it.
I remember the first time I read these words. At that point in life they were just what I needed to hear. I was trying to figure out where God was leading me and these words just reminded me that God knew what He was doing even though I couldn't see it.
In finding it today I was once again reminded of that same truth: we aren't suppose to have everything figured out; we are to simply abide. What a sweet journey He leads us in! I hope these words bless you as much as they have me!
-Courtney

I know not what awaits me,
God kindly veils mine eyes;
And o'er each step of my onward way
He makes new scenes to rise;
And every joy He sends me comes
A sweet and glad surprise.

One step I see before me,
'Tis all I need to see,
The light of heaven more brightly shines,
When earth's illusions flee;
And sweetly thro'the silence comes
His loving "Follow me."

O blissful lack of wisdom,
'Tis blessed not to know;
He holds me with His own right hand,
And will not let me go,
And lulls my troubled soul to rest
In Him who loves me so.

So on I go, not knowing,
I would not if I might;
I'd rather walk in the dark with God
Than go alone in the light;
I'd rather walk by faith with Him
Than go alone by sight.

-Phillip P. Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment